Top Tips for Beautiful, Healthy, Younger Skin.
Everyone’s skin is different. Follow our skin care tips to keep younger and healthier:
- Wash your face daily: It is important to wash away anyway grime or remnants of make up by using a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water twice a day.
- Pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it dry: Remember, you need to treat your skin gently. Excessive rubbing can be harsh and cause damage to your skin, which can make it lose its elasticity.
- Exfoliate the skin twice a week to remove dead cells: Dead cells can pile up and cause problems like acne as well as make your skin look dull and dry.
- Apply a moisturizer to skin immediately after a shower or bath: Water, especially hot water, strips the natural moisture and oil from your skin. The right moisturizing cream, depending on your skin type, can hydrate your skin to reduce the problems resulting from dry skin like wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15 every day: Remember, sunscreen is your best defence against the harmful rays of the sun. Do not forget to use it.
- Clean your skin of makeup: If you wear makeup, keep enough time in a day when the skin is clean and free of makeup.
- Avoid tanning beds: Exposure to UV radiation during indoor tanning has been proven to increase the risk of all skin cancers, skin aging, hyper and hypopigmentation, immune suppression and eye damage, such as cataracts. In fact, the risk of melanoma increases by 75% when indoor tanning devices are used before the age of 30.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water: Healthy, balanced diets are required for the proper for your skin to look its best. Water quenches and hydrates your skin and works an internal moisturiser. Drink a minimum of 4-5 glasses of water a day, and even more if you are working out and sweating a lot.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep every day: Your skin is a vital body organ and needs rest to function. Getting the right amount of sleep everyday will keep your skin looking active and fresh instead of listless and tired.
- Quit smoking: Smoking is not only hazardous to your lungs but also causes your skin to age faster.
- Avoid stress: It creates wrinkles, frown lines and adds years to your skin.
- Conduct a monthly self-examination of your skin: Proper skincare begins at home. Remember, to always look out for any changes that might appear and especially for any signs of skin cancer.
Visit your dermatologist once a year: Remember, it’s never too late to look after your skin. At Derma One, we have a wide range of effective treatments to slow down the affects of skin again. Please see the Cosmetic Dermatology section of our website for more information about Botox, Chemical peels, Dermabrasion, Fillers, Laser Resurfacing and Retinoids. Book an appointment to consult any our dermatologists at the Derma One centre in Manama, Bahrain today to know more.